CAST IRON LAMB LOIN CHOPS WITH COGNAC BUTTER SAUCE
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 4 lamb loin chops
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cognac or brandy
- Remove the chops from the fridge approx. 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet until hot. Season chops with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to skillet and wait for it to shimmer. Place the chops in the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Be patient and don’t move the lamb so that meat can sear properly in the skillet. Flip chops and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add butter, cognac, garlic, and fresh herbs to the skillet with the lamb and stir until fully melted. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, turning the loin chops several times in order to baste them with the cognac butter mixture. Lamb will be medium rare. If you would like the lamb cooked more, for each level of doneness cook for an additional minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and place lamb on plate. Drizzle with the remaining Cognac butter sauce.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve!